Before applying Dermalize, it is recommended that you use a light lubrication prior to applying the film as your body will produce most of the moisiture that it requires up until you remove the film. Z Balm works very well with Dermalize due to the Hemp and Lemon Balm blend and is very light on the fresh tattoo, unlike butters and thick Paw Paw type applications.
Step 3. Place the adhesive surface at least 3-5cm from the edge of the tattoo. You should make it adhere to the skin by applying slight pressure with your fingers.
Step 4. Peel off the protective back coating from the LONG checked side and lay the whole film on the top of the tattoo. You should make it adhere to the skin by applying slight pressure with your fingers.
Step 5. Starting from the arrows, softly peel off the upper protective film from the center to the external edges.
Step 6. In case of using more than one strip of film you should repeat this process by over laying the pre-cut strips with maximum 1-2 cm.
The first piece of Dermalize Protective Tattoo Film can be left on the skin up to a maximum of 24 hours. The exact time will depend on the amount of fluids that the wound exudes which may vary from person to person. In case of excessive bleeding or weeping, the film can be replaced with another piece before 24 hours (a change after 4, 6 or 8 hours is also possible). In most cases people choose to wear the first piece for the first 24 hours. Before removing the film make sure to soak the area with a natural soap and water, and once removed, gently dry the tattoo. When the skin is completely dry, you can apply the second piece of Dermalize. This further application can be kept on for up to 5 days, changing it when you deem it necessary, particularly to wash away any excess fluid build up. The total suggested use of Dermalize, covering all applications, is between three and six days.
TIP: If Dermalize is hard to pull off the skin, simply let warm water run under the tattoo film, so that the glue becomes more tender and removal of the film is easier.
After you remove the final Dermalize application, you may then use some form of lubrication. Z Balm is proven to be highly effective to aid in the final healing stages and to keep the skin moisturised.
Watch the How to apply Dermalize Video
FURTHER TIPS FOR APPLICATION
- For large areas we advise to cut the strips into smaller pieces which makes it easier to apply. These strips can be overlapped by 1-2 cm.
- Always apply Dermalize in a flat neutral position, the joints, knees and elbows should never be completely straight or bent when applying Dermalize.
- Although the film is stretchable, more than 3-5 cm of film may be needed on the edges of the tattoo in mobile areas like hands or knees to secure it.
- Cutting rounded corners on the edges provides even better adhesion of the film.
REMOVING DERMALIZE FROM THE SKIN
Follow these steps to remove Dermalize Protective Tattoo Film:
- Lift a corner of the film and stretch it horizontally along the skin surface to avoid breaking the adhesive bond.
- Continue stretching the edge of the film towards the center.
- When both sides of the film are partially removed, grab both sides at the same time and stretch them horizontally and parallel to the skin until the entire film lifts up.
In case the film is particularly resistant, you can use some warm water to aid removing the adhesive from the skin.