ZooTattoo donates to, and supports the mission of Muscular Dystrophy Australia. To donate, please click here >
About MDA from their website:
‘The MDA Mission is to provide support and hope as an organisation to the MD community whilst being recognised as the pre-eminent agency working with MD and Neuromuscular Disorders (NMD). We strive to achieve our ideals to provide comfort and hope to those we care about by converting goals, dreams and aspirations into reality.
Objectives that derive from the MDA Mission are:
- Providing support, assistance and information for individuals and their families;
- Helping people with neuromuscular disorders to develop and maintain an independent lifestyle;
- Encouraging and funding appropriate research to seek the cause, cure and treatment of neuromuscular disorders;
- Fostering public awareness of these disorders; and
- Limiting artificial barriers which deny equal opportunity to individuals with disabilities.’
The MDA Committee of Management has defined the organisation’s commitment to quality. To achieve this, our objective will be to undertake ongoing development of our ISO9001 quality management processes allowing MDA to continually improve our service and be a better not for profit organisation by:
- Understanding client needs and to develop and maintain a consistent standard of services and programs for the MD community;
- Delivery of the most cost-effective services to the MD community;
- To establish and maintain relationships with clients and client families using effective communication methods and encouraging feedback;
- Maintain financial independence to resource administration and non-core business activities;
- To create and grow relationships with peer organisation’s who support the MD community; and
- To actively support research into the cause, treatment and cure for MD.
The Muscular Dystrophy Associations Committee of Management is committed to creating a caring environment that encourages all our people to cooperate in achieving our vision and ensuring that we ‘Make a Difference’.